Interactive Digital Media regularly publishes guest posts from those who provide their own perspectives for our readers on all aspects of the sports and entertainment world.
We’ll respond as quickly as we can to your email, but due to time constraints, we aren’t always able to provide feedback on rejected stories. We get a lot of submissions, and we publish only the best.
Here are our guidelines:
- Make a strong, clear argument supported by examples, details, and/or data.
- Avoid long introductions; get straight to the point.
- Include a headline.
- Include an author bio, including details on your expertise that make it clear why your opinion on the topic should count to readers.
- Target word count is 600 to 1,200.
- You must certify you are the author and the submission has not been previously published.
- In rare instances we will consider previously published articles.
- Disclose conflicts of interest, such as partnerships with, or investments in, any organizations mentioned in the story.
- We do not accept stories that, either explicitly or implicitly, promote the author’s company or offering(s). If you do mention your company in the story, it should be in the context of a larger trend or insight that is applicable to other companies.
- It is always recommended to include images with your story. We only accept and publish original images to which you hold the copyright. Be sure to include a cutline for each image and a credit.
- Send your submission to us in a MS Word or text format.
- We don’t have time to respond to all submissions. If we don’t respond within 72 hours we will likely not publish your piece.
- Send submissions which conform to the above criteria to the editor by email.
If you’re with a company looking to write about issues for which your company offers a solution, or about any area in which you have a vested interest, your article could qualify as a sponsored post rather than a guest post. To speak to Interactive Digital Media about sponsored post opportunities, please call 226-348-7722.